WE NEED YOUR HELP - Please scroll down for information on the GLOBAL PEDIATRIC EMERGENCY POISONING SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM
Paediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) links the specialties of Paediatrics and Emergency Medicine. In Europe, PEM is still regarded as a new medical profession. The EuSEM PEM Section was established in October 2006 with the goal of encouraging physicians who are practicing Emergency Pediatrics to join EuSEM and to be involved in its clinical, educational and research activities.
To promote and facilitate the dissemination of knowledge and quality of care in PEM in Europe through meetings, courses, research, publications, policy statements and by producing clinical guidelines and other activities.
- To advocate for children and emergency care.
- To promote international collaboration between physicians who practice PEM and the various European Paediatric Emergency societies.
- To enhance the relationship between adult and paediatric EM.
- To encourage physicians who practice PEM to participate in EuSEM activities.
- To be fully responsible for the academic programme of the paediatric sessions in the annual EuSEM meetings/congresses.
- To initiate educational activities in PEM through courses, projects and various clinical activities.
|Beattie, Dr Tom||United Kingdom|
|Benito, Javier (Chair)||Spain|
|Cheron, Dr Gerard||France|
|Da Dalt, Dr Liviana||Italy|
|Gervaix, Dr Alain||Switzerland|
|Mintegi, Dr Santiago||Spain|
|Qureshi, Dr Nadeem||Saudi Arabia|
|Shavit, Dr Itai||Israel|
|Waisman, Prof Yehezkel (Hezi)||Israel|
|Yilmaz, Dr Hayri Levent||Turkey|
REPEM is a Research Network that includes physicians at the capacity of medical director, research director, consultant or director of medical education who work in a European paediatric emergency department. The network was established in October 2006 at the EuSEM Congress in Crete.
Improving emergency care for children through a high standard multi-national and multi-centre research.
- To conduct high-level paediatric emergency research in Europe by combining the efforts of individual institutions and to enhance the image of paediatric emergency medicine as a credible academic discipline with its own research agenda.
- To facilitate and promote research activities among the participating institutions and develop cohesiveness between centres involved in the practice of paediatric emergency medicine.
- To create a research infrastructure for paediatric emergency medicine on an international level in the participating countries.
For further information and to express interest in joining the PEM Section, please contact the Section Chair:
Dr Javier Benito Fernández
GLOBAL PEDIATRIC EMERGENCY POISONING SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM
We invite you to participate in this exciting project by filling in a survey on one day a month. It will take only a few minutes each time, but the data you provide will be extremely valuable in improving emergency care to children and adolescents.
The objectives of the project are:
- To study epidemiological concerns of paediatric poisonings admitted into Paediatric Emergency Departments.
- To evaluate the management of children and adolescents admitted into Paediatric Emergency Departments.
REPORTS AND OTHER DOCUMENTS OF INTEREST: