Welcome to the EUSEM 2020 abstracts submission's page
Important dates of the abstract submission process:
Abstract submission opening date: 1 March 2021
Abstract submission UNIQUE DEADLINE: 30 May 2021 - Midnight (CEST) +02:00 UTC (no delay)
- Before you can submit your abstract you must login to your myEUSEM online account.
- This means you have to login or sign up for a EUSEM account, if you don't already have one.
- Ones you are logged in you see the Abstract submission button in your overview: Abstract submission EUSEM 2021
- If you are already in the database, you can retrieve your password.
- You can't use the login credentials that you used before for the myCongressOnline platform.
- You can be sure your already submitted abstract and details are still retrievable.
- Ones you are logged in and you completed your profile, you click on the Abstract Submission button and you'll find your information there.
- No need to be registered to the congress to submit.
Important: please respect the “Who’s who?”
Step 0: Select your type of submission
Step 1: General information about your abstract
Your abstract can only be submitted in English and must include:
- An English title
- A list of authors with their affiliations: make sure the names, degrees, and affiliations are consistent on every abstract you submit, or that lists you as an author.
- A designated speaker
- A topic and a list of key words
- The main text of the abstract
Step 2: Title
- Your title must be as short as possible.
- It should summarize the abstract and contain the major key words, including the study design (survey, observational, trial, systematic review)
- The title must be in lowercase, with a capital at the beginning
- Do not use any small capitals or all capitals in the title
- Do not use any asterisks or notes
- Do not include any abbreviations. Every word should be spelled.
Step 3: Select your topic and wishes of presentation
Please select the topic of abstract (Administration, Airway, Biomarkers, Cardiovascular…), then select your wish of presentation. Based on the reviewer’s assessment, your abstract will be assigned a type of presentation: Oral presentation, or Short oral presentation (Oral E-Poster) or E-Poster.
Step 4: Authors
You must create the list of authors using the “Create a new author” form.
Once created, you may add the authors (first author and co-authors) and select a speaker.
The speaker has to be the person designed to make the oral presentation or the one in charge of the E-Poster. The speaker must be registered to the congress.
Step 5: Abstract Text
- Your abstract must not exceed 500 words
- You should prepare the body of the abstract using a text editor (Word, TextEdit, etc.). You can use any font; the text will be automatically formatted once submitted. We strongly recommend that you do not use any Greek letters, but instead their plain text counterparts: "Delta" instead of "Δ ", etc.
- You must not insert any image, illustration or table in the abstract
- Do not use bullet lists
- Do not include bibliographic references in abstract text.
- If you use abbreviations, spell the name in full when first mentioned, followed by the abbreviation in parenthesis.
Step 6: Validation and submission process
Initially, the abstracts are registered under a "Draft" status. You will receive an email confirming the registration of your abstract and that it is in draft status. If you do not receive this email within 48 hours, please contact us.
When your abstract is in draft form, you may return to your account at any time to amend the content or submit the final version. Abstracts in draft form MUST be submitted formally before the deadline. When you click SUBMIT, your abstract will change to the status “Submitted”, and you will receive a confirmation of your submission by email. Only abstracts with a "Submitted" status will be forwarded to the Abstract Committee for review.
The European Journal of Emergency Medicine (EJEM) will publish the top 10 abstracts that receive the highest review scores. Abstracts will be considered for publication in our journal only if the author is registered for the meeting.
Top Three Scoring Abstracts will be presented during the award ceremony. The best abstract will receive the “Best EUSEM 21 abstract” price.
ePosters will be displayed on LCD screens in a specific area. Your poster should have been done on Mircosoft PowerPoint sofware and should be a single slide. The ePoster screens dimensions are 132cm in width and 75cm in height. A template is available here.
If selected, your abstract will be classified in one of the three following categories:
- For reports of original research, the data must have not been published in a manuscript or e-publication prior to the first day of conference. Previous publications as abstract or as a presentation in a conference (national or international) is accepted.
- If selected authors (oral presentation or ePoster oral presentation) are not present at their presentation designated time and that they fail to inform the organising committee in advance future abstracts by the same author(s) will be rejected.
- All submitters of accepted abstracts must be registered to the conference to be included in the final program
- All abstracts should be written in English