Participating in the EUSEM congress 2021 under COVID 19 Restrictions
Travel to Lisbon
In order to travel to Lisbon, you need to follow the instructions provided by the Portuguese government. Please check what is needed here: Re-open EU (europa.eu). This website provides information on various measures, including on quarantine and testing requirements for travellers.
General prevention procedures at the Lisbon venue
The congress venue (CCL) is taking measures aimed at minimising coronavirus transmission risks and can deny access to participants at its discretion.
- Activation with health technician throughout the event
- Implementation of isolation area and respective evacuation circuits
Participants are only allowed access to the congress venue if they present one of the below:
- vaccination certificate* or EU QR code
- negative PCR test done no more than 48 hours in advance
- negative antigen test done at the congress centre
* Valid as per the ruling of entering Portugal. Please check with your local Portuguese embassy or your government.
Disclaimer: Entry will be refused to any person not compliant with at least one of the above-mentioned certificates. No refund of paid registration fees will be made.
Protective measures at the Lisbon venue
Mandatory use of mask in all areas of the venue, complemented with visor or acrylic panels in public service stations.
There will be:
- One way circulation where necessary
- Mandatory distance of 1.5 meter throughout the venue
- Mandatory compliance of hand hygiene with an antiseptic solution at all entrances, these measures will be controlled by the security guards posted at these areas
- Availability of hygienic means of washing and drying of hands with soap dispensers and paper towels in all the sanitary facilities
- Placement of dispensers with alcohol based antiseptic solution in all the sanitary facilities and strategic locations in the common areas
- Hygienisation and disinfection of all locations in accordance with the defined norms of use with Monitoring and Register
- Implementation of rule of obligatory use of alcoholic based antiseptic solution dispensers in all the exhibition stands
Measures provided for testing for access venue and return travel
The Centro de Congressos de Lisboa (CCL), in partnership with Femédica, offers a medical team activation service at the congress venue that guarantees the performance of antigen test results for entering the congress venue and PCR tests for all who need a proof of negative test for their return travel if appointments are made 48 hours before the required testing time.
A link will be provided for participants to book an appointment at least 48 hours before the test in the Femédica application. On the day they want to take the test they can present a QR Code they received after making the appointment which allows access to the test location at the CCL.
The antigen test costs EUR 12.50 and participants will receive the results 15 to 20 minutes after the test.
In the case of PCR tests, it will take 24 hours to obtain the result and the test costs EUR 90.
Payment can be done by credit card, bank card or cash.
The results will be provided by text message and e-mail.
All tests that give a positive result for SARS COV 2 must be registered on the SINAVE platform, in order to inform the health teams and health authorities. This registration is carried out and validated by the Femédica doctor.
All participants who take the tests must give their prior consent.