»No Risk – no Fun« - Risk stratification in Emergency Medicine
REGISTRATION IS OPEN TILL OCTOBER 16
Date: 3 November 17:00-19:00 CET
This course is a short live e-course with one live session in MS Teams.
Target audience: everyone working in emergency medicine
- To demonstrate the importance of
- pre-test probabilty assesment for disease
- rational selection of correct diagnostic tests
- correct test interpretation
- To demonstrate the importance of risk stratification for disposition of the patients
Specific learning outcomes: On completion of this online course, attendee should be able to:
- understand the importance of diagnostic accuracy in terms of sensitivity, specificity, positive/negative predictive values, and likelihood ratios
- understand the importance of prevalence/incidence of disease and assessment pre-test probability for disease
- understand the basics of the Bayesian theory and to use the Fagan Nomogram
- select the correct diagnostic tests based on pre-testprobability and test accuracy
- understand test thresholds and treatment thresholds
- select the correct risk stratification tools for safe disposition of emergency patients
Course elements: Chosen applicants will be invited into designated “MS Team”
- Initial evaluation; in order to enhance learning, attendees will be asked to answer few short questions
- Pre-reading (circa 2h); attendees will be asked to read through shared articles (2 weeks in advance)
- Short pre-test; atendees will be asked to summarize learning by answering few questions
- Online session through MS Teams: live online interactive event: initial lecture by prof. Behringer, followed by online Q&A
- After the course, attendees will be sent short survey to give feedback about the course
This course is offered to you by EUSEM for free.
You can register by logging into or creating a MyEUSEM profile. You'll see the registration button in your overview.
After registration you will be added to the MS Team.
You will receive an automatically generated email from Microsoft to confirm your email address for the MS Team.
After confirming you will get notifications of anything happening within the team, like posts, uploaded files or anything else.
Enjoy the course!!!