EUSEM Young Doctors fellowship on non-invasive ventilation
We invited EM trainees and young EM specialists from across Europe to apply as a candidate for our EUSEM Young Doctors 2 week fellowship in non-invasive ventilation. During these 2 weeks the participants got profound teaching in non-invasive ventilation through high-quality theoretical sessions and live teaching on emergency department patients.
It took place in 2016 at Andrea Hospital Vercelli, Italy, under the auspices of prof. dr. Roberta Petrino, president-elect of EUSEM.
2 participants had been chosen after a selection process.
Candidates were eligible for our programme when they were:
- Active EUSEM member
- Trainee in Europe
- Trainee in EM (or proven strong interest, eg. for countries where no specialty exist) < 35yr old, or young EM specialist and < 35yr old
- Applicants can’t participate in a country where they live (once more then 1 country is available in our fellowship programme)
- Participants can’t apply again if successfully selected
Candidates were selected on the base of the following selection criteria:
- Motivation letter
- Committed to teaching peers (proven by previous projects)
- Successfully passed EBEEM part A, or part A and B
- Recommendation letter
- Proof of English (TOEFL, IETLS, FCE)
- Overall appraisal
Points have been given for each item. The selection committee was composed of high-profile EUSEM committee members.
Travel and accommodation were sponsored.