Next Part B Exam Dates
Winter 2020 Part B exam
20-22 November, 2020
REGISTRATION IS FULL
Next diets will be in:
June 2021 + November 2021
Exact dates will be confirmed soon.
Scenarios Topics EBEEM Part B November 2020:
Please note that all patients in the scenarios are COVID-19 free
- Assessment and management of abdominal pain in the Emergency Department
- Team-leading and management of a critically ill adult patient (remotely)
- Interpretation and discussion of a critical bedside investigation in the ED
- Evaluation of rash in a child
- Critical analysis of a video-recorded pediatric trauma resuscitation
- Evaluation of syncope in adults
- Breaking bad news through a remote consultation
- Procedural sedation in the ED
The Part B exam will be a remote exam. Please note that due to the new set up there are only 54 places available.
Part B assesses the clinical skills, behaviours and knowledge required for independent practice in adults and children including pre-hospital care as described in the curriculum. Any presentation or diagnosis that is referenced in the curriculum may be included in the examination material. This part of the examination presents scenarios to the candidate, who is expected to manage the scenarios. The scenarios encompass a range of situations including:
- Leadership of resuscitation
- Direct clinical evaluation of patients
- Discussion of difficult situations with simulated patients, relatives and staff
- Interpretation of clinical data and discussion of management plans by structured oral questioning
- Demonstration of clinical skills
- Education and training of others around clinical situations
The exam consists of 4 structured clinical (OSCE) stations and 4 structured oral (viva) stations. They will last 10 minutes each, and you will have 5 minutes in between for reading instructions. There are also 2 rest stations. Some candidates will begin or end on a rest station.
Each station or scenario is judged independently and candidates are expected to pass at least 6 out of 8 scenarios. There is a minimum of two examiners present at each station.
The structured clinical (OSCE) stations will consist of:
- Clinical interaction
- Role players
The structured oral (viva) stations will consist of:
- Questions – listen carefully – give a rationale for your answers
- The examiner will move you on - don’t worry, it is a quick pace
- Be structured in your response if you can
- Pace yourself
The duration of the Part B exam is 2,5 hours.
Completion: Candidates who pass both parts of the exam will be invited to attend the Awards Ceremony at EUSEM'S annual European Congress on Emergency Medicine. The highest scoring candidates will receive special recognition.
How to register
Please be sure that you've read the eligibility requirements, regulations and terms and conditions and preparation guidance before you submit your application. In case you have submitted your application but you are not eligible to take the exam a €100 pre-registration cost will be deducted and only the rest of the exam fee will be transferred back to you.
Please create a MYEUSEM profile at this LINK. If you already have a MYEUSEM profile then you just need to log in to your account.
Creating a MYEUSEM profile is free of charge. After profile is created you can log in to your account and click on the 'EBEEM PART B' button and the application process will begin.
Candidates will be entitled to re-apply for the examination for six (6) attempts, each Part A and B, including the first attempt.
The Part B exam should be completed within 4 years of successful Part A completion.
Please use the same MyEUSEM profile you used at your previous exam registration.
If you have sat or registered to the Part B exam in the past 12 months you don’t need to re-submit all documents again just copy of medical license.
Frequently asked questions
- The visa letter will be downloadable from your exam application profile after successful payment. We are not sending it via email, it is automatically generated from the system. After payment you can click on the button ‘Download visa letter’.
- Please note that EUSEM membership only gives discount to members who are working in a European country which is a national society member of EUSEM. For candidates who don’t work in one of these countries no discount is applied. EUSEM membership discount is only applicable if it was purchased before exam registration. No refunds will be made if membership has been purchased later.