Recently EUSEM launched the Research Network under the inspiring leadership of Said Laribi, the immediate past-chair of EUSEM Research Committee.
The research network will allow:
- Building large scale descriptive data on Emergency Medicine in Europe.
- Developing common research methodology among participating countries.
- Improve knowledge in EM through international comparisons.
- Improve EUSEM visibility among scientific societies.
- Perform descriptive EM research projects in Europe.
- Perform clinical trials related to Emergency Medicine.
- Establish partnerships with other international EM networks with the aim of developing global research.
- Carry out scientific research training regarding Emergency Medicine.
- Promote student and researcher exchange.
- Apply for European research grants.
- Each country affiliated to EUSEM will have one country lead in the Research Network.
- Country lead will be the contact for his/her country with the Research network chair.
- Will be in charge of recruiting and coordinating EM sites in his/her country
- Will be in charge of all ethical and regulatory procedures regarding research projects in his/her country
- Will be the contact for his/her country with the Research network chair.
Local site PI
- Will be in charge of all ethical and regulatory procedures regarding the research projects in his/her hospital.
- Recruit patients on a voluntary basis.
- Fill in the anonymized electronic Case Report Form (CRF).
- Local PI will be cited in the EUSEM Research Network study group in all publications using their data.
Research Network chair
- Coordinating all activities of the research network, in collaboration with country leads, the Research committee and the EUSEM office.
- Building research projects with the research committee members
- Building the electronic case report form with the help of the EUSEM project managers
- Evaluate the quality of data and have statistics done
- Coordinate the publication plan of the different projects in collaboration with the research project PI.
One project per year.